Did You Know?
Unused prescription medicines cost the NHS across the UK over £300 million every year. Remember, only order what you need and help us make more of your local NHS.
Here’s how you can help
- Only order the medicines that you need
- Please let your GP know if you’ve stopped taking any of your medicines
- Check what medicines you still have at home before re-ordering
- Discuss your medication with your GP or Pharmacist on a regular basis
- Think carefully before ticking all the boxes on your repeat prescription forms and only tick those you really need
- If you don’t need the medicine please don’t order it! If you need the medicine in the future you can still request it.
- If you need to go to hospital, please remember to take all your medicines with you in a clearly marked bag
Remember unused medicines cannot be recycled. Even if you never open them, once medicines have left the dispensary or pharmacy, they cannot be recycled or used by anyone else
Please take your unused medicines to the Pharmacy for safe disposal. NEVER dispose of your unused or unwanted medicines down the toilet.