Our aim is to provide a system that allows efficient access to appointments in a time frame appropriate to the medical urgency of a patients’ problem.
To provide a system that allows continuity of care for ongoing medical problems
To use current modalities available to improve access
Changes made to date:
- Pre booked and urgent appointments - each session has a variety of pre booked appointments and urgent appointments which are booked on the day. The ratio of pre booked appointments to urgent appointments varies across the week in line with patient demand. In winter we will offer more urgent appointments in order to manage increased demand.
- The open surgeries, previously Monday and Friday mornings, have been replaced by the changes above – thus allowing greater continuity and more time efficient surgeries
- We now offer on-line access - 20% of pre booked appointments can be booked on-line
- The new text reminder service went live in January 2016.We hope that by providing this service it will help to reduce patients not attending for appointments. Wasted appointments reduces service efficiency.
- Telephone appointments are available daily for regular GP's to discuss routine medical matters as an alternative to face to face appointments.
- To review the ratio of pre booked to urgent appointments including adjusting the ratio in summer months
- To continue to advertise the text reminder service and on-line booking service
- To improve information about how the system is set up, to ensure it is utilised efficiently.
- Review the number of online booking appointments available
- Improve information about self-help and care, our services and local services including self-referral services within the local area